- India is seven wickets away from victory.
- Target for Bangladesh is 459
- They are on 103 on stumps of day 4.
- Ashwin completed 250 wickets in test matches.
- Ashwin is the highest wicket taker in the first fourty five matches played by any batsmen.
After three great days for India at Uppal stadium. India had to strive hard for domination on day . Bangladesh only added 66 runs to their overnight score. Mehadi Hasan who scored a fifty on day 3 could only survive four balls on day 4. Bhubaneswar cleaned him up with a absolute beauty. Taijul, Taskin and were dismissed by Umesh yadav and jadeja respectively. Mushfiqur Rahim was deceived of a carom ball by Ashwin which concluded Bangladeshi’s innings.
India managed to amass a lead of 299. Virat Kohli didn’t want to send Bangladesh to bat again. In pursuit of creating pressure, Murali vijay, KL Rahul were dismissed in short time. Both the batsmen were dismissed chasing the ball far from off stump. At a stage India lost 23 for just loss of two wickets.Pujara scored runs at a ery good rate. He scored 54 in just 58 balls. Which is highly unlike him. Virat was dismissed in attempt of big shot of Shakhib. Rehane also fell for Sakhib in the second innings. Jadeja scored 16 runs in just 10 balls. Virat Kohli felt 459 runs enough and declared the innings.
Ashwins’s milestone wickets
- 50th wicket is Alaister cook
- 100th wicket is Dwayne bravo
- 150th wicket is Van Zil.
- 200th wicket is Tom Latham(kiwis)
- 250th wicket is Mushfiqur Rahim.
Update at tea on Day5
India managed to pick five wickets in first three sessions. Now they are 3 wickets away to clinch the match. But there is some resistance being shown by tailanders Mehadi Hasan and Kanrul Islam.Jadaja is expected to take remaining two wickets without much hurldes.